Monday, June 7, 2010

My Little Love Bug


Yesterday Kennedy and I went grocery shopping and she said she had a secret to tell me. So I leaned in and she whispered with a huge smile on her face, "Mommy, I love you a whole bunch!" Of course my heart melted right there in the store... what a sweetheart!! She loves to tell me secrets. "You're my best friend!" is another heart melter. Today she told me "I want to go for a walk!" She cracks me up!

Although she has a very big heart, a little attitude came with the package deal. I noticed she was pushing my buttons more often. I used to get really frustrated with her... but then I realized her anger and frustration comes out just like Mommy's does! EEEKS! We don't need two of me in this house! haha So I knew right away I had to stay calm and discipline in a different tone. Now instead of getting worked up, I explain in a calm manner that she needs to do "so and so". I give her a warning and tell her that next time she gets to sit on her bed for a three minute time out. I found that the time out on the bed works better than the corner. Then I come back and have her tell me why she was put in the time out. She apologizes, we hug and kiss, and then we go play again! My attitude changing really helped her attitude. Don't get me wrong, she still pushes my buttons! But she's getting better. Actually, I've noticed that she is whining more! I cannot handle whining. It's the WORST THING EVER. We're working on that too...

Every age has it's ups and downs. At three (for us anyway), there are way more ups then downs and I'm thankful for that! Kennedy is a caring, sweet, loving little girl and Jon and I are soooo proud of her!! We're so blessed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment