Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day SEVEN: Cake!



We had to pick out a day where we had nothing planned. "Doing this cake will take hours!" Sheena said. I didn't believe her.

I told her before I came to visit that I wanted to make a really cool cake with her. She let me pick out the cake flavor, filling, colors and design. Karly came over and we started it around two o'clock. We made the cake and froze it a few days earlier, but still had a lot of work ahead of us. They both made the fondant and frosting. I stuck to the easy stuff! I helped ice, fill and stack the cake, color the fondant and put it together. We made vanilla cake with buttercream frosting and filled it with fresh strawberries. It turned out BEAUTIFUL and delicious!!! I was pretty excited about it. And I was glad it turned out good enough for the girls to use on their 'We Do Cakes' Facebook page!

Sheena made cavatinni for dinner (a Searcy specialty) and we ate the cake for dessert. The kids LOVED it!! Kennedy practically licked her plate clean! It was another awesome day of our vacation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment