Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day THREE: Baking




We got up and out the door by noon and headed to the church kitchen, where Sheena and Karly bake their cakes. They had an order of 72 graduation cupcakes due by 5pm! Thinking we had a TON of time, we put in Toy Story 2 for the kids and got started. I was pretty excited to help, even though my reputation in the kitchen isn't the greatest. I threw in the ingredients and almost started the Kitchen Aid mixer when Sheena stopped me. Of course, I put the ingredients in the wrong mixer! Oh my... I should've left the kitchen at this point. We did let the girls decorate a couple extra cupcakes we made. That was the best part of the day! Except the clean up. Thanks Sheena, haha! I made a few other minor mistakes along the way and six hours later... three or four runs of Toy Story 2 and a couple of cranky girls, WAH LAH! CUPCAKES COMPLETE. (Most of the work done by the girls. I'm such an amateur... lol.) I definitely have even more respect for what they do. Starting a business is tough and getting it off the ground takes a lot of time, money and dedication. I could never do it! Nice work Sheena, I love you :)

After that busy afternoon, it only got crazier when we got home! We had to pack for Bakersfield (where Pastor and Cindy live), make dinner/clean up, and bathe the girls all as fast as possible! A little over an hour later, we were off! They decided we'd spend the night in Bakersfield because it's an hour closer to Disney, cutting down our drive time to 2.5 hours. Because it was after nine when we arrived, we went to bed almost immediately. It didn't leave us much time with the Eichler's or any with Ethan and Grace (they were already asleep), but I knew we had all day at Disney to catch up! :) Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment