Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day EIGHT: Family Fun!



Today was our last full day of vacation. After I packed everything at Zack and Sheena's, we all left for Bakersfield to hang out with Ninny and Papa. As soon as we got there, we put our suits on and headed for their pool. I needed to come back with SOME color... otherwise people would never believe I was in California! After all the kids were done swimming, Sheena and I stayed in the pool to continue working on our tan. We had some nice, quiet adult time. That was few and far between this week!

After an amazing dinner of tri tip (an Eichler specialty), Cindy drove me to their church to show me around. It's a pretty big church that also includes a Christian school (PK3-8th grade). As soon as I heard Pastor David rehearsing with his worship team I was overcome with emotion. You can see God moving in the Eichler's lives and I'm so happy for them!! This is the place God has called them to be and I was fortunate enough to see it firsthand.

When the guys returned from practice, we played Golf (a fun card game). I had a BLAST. There was great conversation filled with a ton of laughter. And even though I came in second-to-last, I still beat Papa! That alone made my night :)

Around midnight, I said my goodbyes to Ninny and Papa. They both offered encouraging words and lots of love! They are so amazing. Then I dragged my butt to bed... 3:30am would come fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment