We exited Disneyland Drive at 8:45am and I was pretty excited! Kennedy and I have never been to Disneyland, so this was going to be quite the experience for us. Zack told us it would take about a half hour from the time you park your car until you walk through the gate. I didn't believe him until we got there and I saw just how many people were there. A tram takes you from the parking garage to the gates, where we purchased our tickets for the day. $134 later, we were in!
From the moment we walked into the park, it was beautiful everywhere you looked. Beautiful, ornate buildings, landscaping like no other, bright colors everywhere... and don't even get me started on the cleanliness of the park. It was amazingly clean! Hundreds of workers, constantly cleaning up after everyone. I felt right at home. We started off on the kiddie rides... Snow White, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Dumbo and of course the carousel. Kennedy was a little scared on Snow White and Pinocchio because of the "scary people". But she LOVED the Dumbo ride (Which she complained about not wanting to go on the entire 25 minutes of waiting.) But as soon as it started, she was ALL SMILES! The carousel was another hit! Then we moved on the meet the Princesses. Knowing that we had a wait ahead of us, we gave the kids their lunch in line. That and a few potty breaks later, we met Arial, Tiana and Mulan. Kennedy had been looking forward to meeting them for months, but as soon as we got up close, she was scared! I'll admit I was so disappointed. I wanted this to be the most amazing experience for her! She was more excited after she met them, unfortunately. So the pictures don't show it, but I know she loved meeting them. :) Next up was the Buzz Lightyear ride. It was soooo much fun!! You sit in these two-person carts that move on a track. You each have a gun that you shoot at targets with. Each target gains you individual points. The entire ride is in the dark and everything is lit up in black lights. Kennedy did pretty well and LOVED shooting Zurg. When we got off she shouted, "Mommy!! I shot ZURG!!!!!" Since this ride was such a hit with all of us, we decided to go on a few more times... each time comparing points. Papa won every time of course, except the last time. Zack took us all with 300,000 points! Too fun.
After a few adult rides and some dinner, we got ready for Fantasmic! An AMAZING water/light show that included all the live characters as well. It BLEW ME AWAY! Zack taped it but I'm sure it won't do it justice. Then there were fireworks to Disney music. Amazing... just amazing. I had tears in my eyes after all of it. Took me back to when I was a kid watching all the great classics! After that, I headed into the biggest Disney store EVER. I was overwhelmed with awesome merchandise. But I had to be good. I didn't spend much at all :)
AMAZING day spent with AMAZING people. Thanks for making mine and Kennedy's trip so spectacular. I love you all more than you know! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment