Saturday, July 24, 2010

Weathering the Storm


The storms the other day were pretty intense!! It all started on Thursday morning when Kennedy and I were driving home from Brookfield. It was a complete downpour on I-94. We were doing 40 MPH and I couldn't see 30 ft ahead of me. I'm a pretty aggressive driver and nothing scares me... but I started to pray out loud for the Lord to guide our car home safely. As I finished the prayer, Kennedy asked why I was praying. I told her and she said, "Oh.".

Of course my grandma came to mind immediately. She would've called me the night before to tell me that this storm was coming and to "BE CAREFUL Melissa! It's the other drivers I'm worried about.". And because she would've known I was going to be out and about during the storm, I would have received several calls reassuring herself that we were ok. I have to say, I missed those calls on Thursday... I truly missed them. Even though she was a worry wart, I know that she always had my best interest at heart. Nobody loved me like she did and I'll never have that again. Selfish, I know. My heart aches because she's gone and I just don't know how to fill that void. Look at that picture of us! This was taken the day I was born. From the moment I came out, she loved me more than anything... you can see it on her face. She had unconditional love that only the Father Himself gives us.

More storms hit us Thursday night. I drove home and took all the wrong ways... flooding was everywhere! After I finally walked in the door (double the time it usually takes me), Kennedy greeted me with the biggest smile! She exclaimed, "Mommy!! Jesus got you home safely!!!" Wow... that really made my day! She's so smart! I love that she pieces things together the way she does. We have the sweetest little girl and I wish Grandma were here to watch her grow up. I wanted to call her so badly to tell her what Kennedy just said... but I couldn't.

Hurting like this is an awful feeling. When does it get easier??

No comments:

Post a Comment