

I look forward to the 4th of July every year! We always have a big family cookout after the parade. Then we watch the fireworks at night!
The parade was fun, minus the heat. No shade, plus 90 degrees, equals a lot of SWEAT! But the kids had a great time anyway. Kennedy made out like a bandit in the candy department. But I don't let her have any. She's a good kid, rarely asking. When she does ask and I say no, she says, "Yeah I can't have candy because it will break my teeth. That won't be good and mommy will be upset. Because she loves my teeth!!" lol! Seriously, this girl has a great memory. I told her that once and it stuck with her. Jon was at the rear of the parade, in the sweeper! That's right baby, OT! And boy did he look cute in that big piece of machinery... haha! Kennedy was so excited to see her daddy!! :)
After the parade, we all met back at my house for a cookout. My Aunt Linda, Uncle Rich, cousin Nikki and her whole family were all up from Florida... so that made for a really nice celebration. My mom, dad, Pete, and Brittany were also there. Yes, I said DAD. I will admit, I was a little nervous having him here with all of my mom's side, but everyone got along great! It was actually a little weird how great everyone was getting along, but I was THANKFUL nonetheless!! The adults played volleyball while the kids ran through the 'octopus' (a blow up toy that attaches to the hose and sprays water out of it). That was a HIT with the kids. Especially since it was close to 90 and very humid outside.
Every year we meet on top of St. Francis High School's hill so we can view St. Francis and Cudahy's fireworks at the same time. This also eliminates going down to Sheridan park and dealing with all the yahoos. The hill is more of a 'family friendly' fireworks viewing area. My family was there, along with Kim, Joe and the Browns... who are also family :) Kennedy and Max had a great time together, chasing one another. But they also enjoyed the fireworks too.
All-in-all, it really was a GREAT DAY! I love when family and friends get together... memories are made. I just wish Grandma were here to enjoy the holidays with us :( I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment