
One of my very favorite recipes my grandma used to make was her banana bread. It is HANDS DOWN the best banana bread I've ever had. The first and last time I made it was about 5 years ago. It didn't taste exactly like hers and left me a little discouraged. Well I decided to try my hand at it again. My KitchenAid mixer has been a SAINT for baking, so I knew it would be a lot easier this time around. It turned out AMAZING!! I was so proud of myself. When I took that first bite, I actually had to hold back tears because all I thought about was her. I felt like she was there with me, it was the weirdest thing.
I get so much joy out of baking. It's the best feeling watching people enjoy something I make! It's the same exact feeling my grandma would get. She cooked and baked because she loved it, but also because she loved making people happy with her food. I finally get it after all these years! She would BEG me to let her teach me how to cook. I always told her 'no thanks'... she knew I hated it. Now I regret not taking her up on all those cooking lessons. I wish she could see me now... she'd be so proud of me. Now I just have to conquer that cooking thing...
Love you gma.

No comments:
Post a Comment