Monday, May 30, 2011

Meet Our New Neighbors!!


We've lived in our house for a year and a half now, renting the lower of a duplex and we absolutely love it here! It's a great area, spacious, very nice living space, and includes a HUGE backyard too! There's only one problem... our upstairs neighbors. They aren't HORRIBLE by any means, but let's just say we never clicked as well as I could've hoped. I got to the point of almost hating them when I realized I shouldn't harbor hate/bitterness for anyone. I prayed that I would love them and in the meantime they find another place they like better. Just when I thought the situation could become hopeless and we were stuck with them forever, I got the best piece of news EVER a few days ago. They announced that they were moving!!! Of course the first thing out of my mouth was, PRAISE THE LORD. It's been so hard for me to look past their faults and love them anyway, but because of my obedience I really feel like I'm being blessed in this situation. Makes me think of James 1:2-4. I'm glad I was able to persevere through this trial.

After he told me they were moving my immediate thought was, I need to call my mom. Her and I always joked that it would be so wonderful if her and Brit lived upstairs. I know she wants to be back in Cudahy, closer to work again, but I wasn't sure if she'd want to make another move so shortly after settling in Oak Creek. After all, she's only been there a little over a year and a half and is still in a lease. I called and told her the exciting news and then had her call Verna, our landlord who was more than happy and actually excited to rent to my mom. They chatted for a bit and really hit it off! My mom came and looked at the unit, they discussed a few changes before moving in, and WAH LA! Come August 1st, my mom and Brit will be living above us!!! It all happened so fast and I'm still in disbelief, but again, so thankful for these awesome changes about to take place!! My mom is nervous for another move so shortly after my sister's wedding and right before our little girl is born, but I'm certain things will work out just fine.

Yay for being obedient, moving neighbors and our new neighbors - my mom and sister! :) Love you guys!

2 comments: