Monday, May 16, 2011

Birthday Celebration!



Rather than go all out with a party theme, bounce house and 40-some people, we decided to keep her birthday low-key this year. After all, does a child really NEED a blow out bash every year?? Umm, no. But I had to convince myself that! After her big party last year and about $500 later, I promised myself there wouldn't be a big party for #4. Jon had to help me stick to my guns, as I was starting to crumble a few months prior to her birthday.

May is always an iffy month when it comes to the weather and since it hasn't been all that great every year for her birthday, we thought it would be better our 'party' commence inside. Sure enough, the weather was awful, but our 11 family members enjoyed our grilled food on their laps, on the inside of our cozy home. Sheena was actually in town to work for Dr. Brown, so it was great having her here too! One, because she's a wonderful friend of ours and a perfect little helper... and two, because she has some mad cake skills. Yes, I totally took advantage of my friend while she was here. ;) After hours of hard work, the cake was finished and it was everything Kennedy had requested. White cake with chocolate fudge (well, chocolate buttercream) on the inside and stripes on the outside. She LOVED it!! She even helped us at the end with some decorating!

Her birthday was just perfect. Both families together, enjoying our time with each other. Kennedy got some pretty special presents too... she is such a blessed little girl :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I LOVE these pictures of Kennedy Mo. They are adorable and precious!

    ReplyDelete