About twice a year, my friends and I get to go on a weekend getaway -- courtesy of our AMAZING HUSBANDS!! And what do we do on these awesome trips?? Scrapbook!! Yes, it's true, we're pretty dorky... but I LOVE IT! A woman owns a craft house in Madison that holds 24 people and boasts a HUGE workroom for everyone to enjoy their crafts. We eat, sleep and scrap for 48 hours and it is WONDERFUL. Because I don't scrap at home like I should be doing, I take this time to get myself caught up. (Sad, I know.) I'll scrap recent things in Kennedy's life, but I could also go back two years and see events that were untouched. YIKES! But truly the best part of the weekend is just being with my amazing friends. Last weekend Raven, Sarahbeth, Kim, Julie and Heidi joined me and we had a blast. I laughed so hard Saturday night, I nearly peed my pants. I mean the kind of laughing where your stomach hurts! Normally Sheena and a few others will join us too, but unfortunately didn't work out this time. BUT THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT TIME!
Since I've been home, I've actually continued to scrap! I left there inspired, motivated, and with the realization that if I don't catch up now, I'll NEVER get caught up when the baby comes! In a little less than 11 weeks, we're going to have a newborn in our home! You know what that means... no more 'me' time. I don't mean for that to sound selfish either, it'll just be an adjustment for all of us. We're used to things being quite easy around here with a four year old! Our life is going to dramatically change... for the better of course :)
Can't wait to see what God has in store for us on this awesome ride! Now back to scrapping...

No comments:
Post a Comment