Saturday, December 24, 2011

Complete Opposites


Kennedy and Presley are already turning out to be complete opposites in many ways. Kennedy puked after each meal... and I'm not talking spit up. It was straight up smelly vomit. Presley never spits up/pukes. Kennedy never put anything in her mouth. Presley puts EVERYTHING she touches in her mouth. Kennedy scowled at people who weren't familiar. Presley welcomes strangers with a big smile. Kennedy went down for bed every night without a peep. Presley fights her sleep to the death.

Presley fighting her sleep is really starting to get old. Jon and I take turns every night popping her nuk back in her mouth. She wants it in, but her hands keep taking it out. I also noticed how often she tosses and turns when she goes down. Whether I rock her into a deep sleep or just put her down awake, she fights it! If anyone knows me at all, they know I'm not very welcoming of change. This is hard for me! I feel like I've done it all, but she still seems to have a hard time at night. Naps are completely fine. I don't even rock her and she crashes on her own. Presley is an easy baby who is happy 90% of the time. But that other 10% is a girl who is super high maintenance. I have no idea where that came from..... ;)

How do I fix this?! Or is it just a phase that will pass? Help!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes it will pass. Everything does. 80)

    But in the midst of a trial it's hard to believe that, huh!

    I'm sorry I don't have any solid advice. It's not like my kids were sleeping through the night at Presley's age. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I forgot to mention... Presley has been sleeping through the night since 3 months old, so I'm very thankful for that!! :)

    ReplyDelete