Friday, December 23, 2011

Catching Up


I feel like I'm always catching up on here. I really need to be a more disciplined blogger!

SO! Presley is over four months old now and is such a happy baby. She's been rolling over since two months old, sleeping through the night at three months, and likes to put her hands (and everything else) in her mouth. Kennedy wasn't like this at all and being the germaphobe that I am, it drives me INSANE. I spend most of my day gently pulling her hands away from her mouth... but apparently she doesn't get it! ;) I'm resorted to think she's teething because drool and insatiable gnawing seem to come with the territory. Kennedy didn't pop her first tooth until nine months old and I never detected any signs of teething. This little girl is very different already. I hope to see a tooth soon, so all of this craziness is worth something!

Kennedy is four-and-a-half going on 14. She's unbelievably smart... not only academically, but socially too. She's been able to detect Jon's sarcasm for a long time now, and isn't afraid to return the favor. She keeps us constantly laughing. There are times when her attitude is all in good fun, but can also verge on the side of sassy too. I have to be quick to correct her. Mama don't raise no sass mouth. ;) Other than her hilarious sense of humor, she has the biggest heart I've ever seen. She is so loving and continues to be the best thing in Presley's life. That baby is captivated by Kennedy. She knows just how to make Presley laugh and LOVES being her big sister. I'm so proud of her. She is turning out to be a really amazing kid.

Thanksgiving came and went in a flash. We hosted my side of the family again. My Dad, Aunt Susie, Aunt Mary, and cousin, Ashley, joined us too. There's never a dull moment when we all get together. It was a lot of fun!

We celebrated Christmas early this year because Sarah and Brandon had to leave right before the holidays. Their first stop was Virginia to spend some time with his side of the family. And then on January 2nd, they're off to Japan for the next three years. They were living upstairs with my mom and Brittany for three weeks leading up to their departure, and I'm so glad they had it worked out that way. We saw them every day, sometimes multiple times, and enjoyed every minute of it. Except when Sarah and I got into few arguments... but isn't that what sisters are for?! They left a few days ago for good. I know I'll see her this summer, but saying goodbye to her was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. We've never lived far from each other, so this is going to be quite an adjustment. I'm not worried about her at all though... Brandon takes very good care of her. I'm just sad I won't have my sister close by anymore. :(

Alright, enough of the tears... God allows everything to happen for a reason. I just need to suck it up now! ;)

Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment