I woke up yesterday morning and looked out the window. Ok, so we didn't have 4-5in of snow on the ground like I was hoping for, but the end of my driveway looked like it would be tough to pass through and the roads were very messy - on top of my car being HORRIBLE in the snow. So I decided to call Kennedy in from school. I felt bad at first, knowing that she hasn't missed a day yet, but I knew safety should come first.
I thought quickly about how and what we would do to fill our morning. I started with a little lesson plan... writing upper and lowercase letters, counting to twenty a bunch of times and drawing all of our shapes. Then we had craft time! This consisted of a 'special Valentine' she made for seven different people. Don't be sad if you didn't make the cut. She got tired after a while! :) After that, we made sugar cookies in the shape of small/large hearts and butterflies (can you tell I have a girl?!). They were too warm to frost, so we decided we'd decorate them the following day.
After a full morning of basically homeschooling, I confirmed it again... homeschooling is not for me. Our personalities clashed so much! She kept getting frustrated with me explaining directions to her. I was being extremely patient, even explaining the same thing a few different ways to see if her reaction would change. It didn't. This is something that doesn't seem to be an issue for her at school or at church. I'm so thankful for our educated teachers who know how to handle EVERY type of personality! 'Homeschooling' wasn't awful, by any stretch of the imagination, and I thoroughly enjoyed being with her during all of our fun activities. She even looked over at me during craft time and said, "Mommy, I like hanging out with you." What's better than that?!
I had to work at 2pm, but like I said, really enjoyed my morning with our little sweetie! Again I'm reminded that my days alone with her are numbered and to take advantage of EVERY second we have with her before baby comes and 'takes over'! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment