Sunday, January 30, 2011

Family Date Night(s)

Friday night, the three of us went to Mayfair for some quick shopping and then to dinner at a new Mexican restaurant we've never tried. At one point during dinner, Jon looked up at me and said, "Your bad attitude is really making it hard for me to enjoy our time together." OUCH. But he was right. I was a 'pregnant grouch', as he named me. I had no right to be cranky, but here were just a few reasons why I was...

1. We waited 25 minutes to be seated.
2. It was already after 7:30pm before we even sat down.
3. Our waitress was slow.
4. The chili conqueso I so desired was AWFUL.
5. My meal wasn't that great.
6. Kennedy barely touched her dinner.

So, yes, I had reasons to be cranky, but no reason was good enough to make my husband's night so undesirable. I was a monster and I felt terrible.

I decided to redeem myself Saturday night. Worship practice and a ladies brunch at church occupied my late morning/early afternoon. After Kennedy's nap, I wanted to take her somewhere FUN! She quickly fell asleep, knowing she'd be waking up to a good time after. We wanted to keep it a surprise, so as we drove to Jump Zone, I could see her wheels turning. At one point she said, "Mommy, I LIKE surprises!!" Well of course you do, they're always in your favor! - that was Jon's response to her - I laughed. We had a great time at Jump Zone, which is a lot like Monkey Joe's, full of inflatables the kids can jump in and slide down. Next time, we'll meet some of her friends there. It makes for a better time when you're running around with kids you know and not just complete strangers.

After Jump Zone, we stopped at Panera for dinner (another favorite of Kennedy's). We enjoyed a nice dinner together and lots of good conversation!

Kohl's was our next stop. We needed shirts to wear for the Super Bowl! :)

Last stop before home - DQ. (Yes, I had a bad eating day.) Kennedy ordered a chocolate ice cream sandwich, I got a small Oreo Blizzard, and Jon, the Peanut Buster Parfait. We came home and relaxed/devoured our treats. Then it was bed time.

Overall, I had a wonderful time with my family this weekend. Kennedy is growing so fast and with the new baby on the way, I want to soak up every minute with her!! I wish my attitude would've been better on Friday, but I hopefully redeemed myself on Saturday! I love my family.

3 comments: