Thursday, February 3, 2011

SNOWED IN!




I woke up right before 6am yesterday, just in time to see Jon go through waist-deep snow to reach the plow that was picking him up for work. There was no getting his car out of our driveway! It was INSANE outside. I have never seen this much snow in my entire life! Cudahy got 18in total, but in most places there were 4-6ft high drifts! Obviously Kennedy and I weren't going anywhere, so I decided to make the best of our day.

We started off by taking a shower. Is that weird that I just said that?? I have no clue why I thought I was going to get ready, but it was fun seeing her be a big girl and finish her shower all by herself! She loved that I left her 'in charge' of getting all the soap off. In fact, she loved it so much, the little munchkin ran us right out of hot water! She was shivering and decided it was time to come out. We ate lunch after that and decided it was time to play in the snow. She LOVED it of course. What kid doesn't?? I took tons of pictures so I could remember this epic blizzard and we played for a long time after. She was having so much fun, she cried when I told her we had to come in! As we walked in the house I reminded her that we had cookies to frost/decorate. She perked up quickly!

Decorating our cookies took a while and after that, we just hung out. No agenda. Jon will be working TONS of overtime this week, so we won't be seeing much of him. :( I love the time I have with Kennedy, but we miss Daddy a lot. His check will be pretty sweet though, and that will be nice! I appreciate him more than I can ever put into words. He works so hard for our family and I'm very thankful for everything he does. We love him sooooooooo much!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment