
My Sweet Grandma -
I miss you so much... I think about you constantly. It was gorgeous outside this week! You would've really enjoyed it. And then this morning... SNOW! You would've been irritated. haha
Your service yesterday was so beautiful. There were pictures everywhere and beautiful flowers from all around. Everyone from church came, family, friends... even old friends from Master Lock were there! A lot of your old friends and employees from Master Lock shared with me the love you had for me. They said I was all you talked about. And I finally met Barney! He is a very sweet man. I can see how you guys would talk for hours. He told me that all you talked about were your grandkids and Kennedy. He forgot you had two sons at times! haha Pastor Bob led the service and said some really wonderful things about you. Jeremy, John and Eliab played the most beautiful song for you. It's called "Save a Place for Me". They did so amazing! Jeremy sounded awesome... you would've been so proud of him. I read the eulogy and actually made it through the whole thing without completely melting down. I wanted to hold it together so people could hear what I was saying! I shared with everyone the story about that 'Christmas Story' book. You never told me you finished it!! I found it the other day and was so comforted by the sound of your voice. After the service, the ladies from church put together a very nice spread of desserts for everyone in the Fellowship Hall. I'm so thankful for EVERYONE. We sure do have the best church family! Although yesterday was very hard, I tried to just concentrate on all the wonderful memories we made together. I know I only made it through because of the Lord's strength and comfort.
Thank you for leaving behind such a great legacy. My kid's kids will know everything about you because I will tell them about our wonderful adventures together. I know you are worshiping at Jesus' feet as I write this and I rejoice with you! I know I'll see you again and I cannot WAIT! Until then, I will remember all that you taught me and I will try very hard to never disappoint you. I love you so much and I can't wait to be reunited again...
I love you,
Mo
Patricia Mae Smith
Born: 7.1.40
Home with Jesus: 3.15.2010

Awww...that was a very sweet letter Mo!
ReplyDelete