Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Beautiful?
I was putting on my makeup today, when Kennedy came up to my eye shadow and started applying it to her cheek. Of course I told her that isn't where it goes and put it away. She said she wanted some so she would be 'beautiful' too. I was shocked! How could an almost three year old think that makeup makes her beautiful?! Then I remembered in the past when I've put a little bronzer on her cheek (not enough you could ever see), and told her she looked 'soooo beautiful!!'. WHAT DID I DO TO MY CHILD?! Of course she is ALWAYS beautiful, and I tell her that ALL THE TIME! So today my response was, "Honey, you are ALWAYS beautiful. You don't need makeup to show you that." She shook her head and said 'no, I'm not'. Seriously, I feel like I live with a teenage girl! I personally can't stop wearing makeup. I'm not that great looking without it... seriously. haha And my face won't stop breaking out. I don't even have the option to forgo makeup right now. But of course I need Kennedy to know that she is always beautiful, no matter what. So I just have to make it my personal goal to keep praising her and telling her how beautiful she is... and that God doesn't mess up :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment