Wow... a lot has happened since my last blog.
1. Christmas.
2. Moving.
3. Kennedy in a 'big girl bed'.
4. Unpacking/redecorating.
I guess that isn't a TON of new stuff, but moving/unpacking did consume us for a few days. We now reside in Cudahy and we're enjoying being closer to everything... both of our jobs, church, family and friends.
Moving day could not have gone smoother. And within two days we were unpacked and ready to relax. We love our new place. It's so much bigger than the condo! Kennedy LOVES the new house too. She doesn't have to share her room with our computer and desk, AND she has more room to play! Riley is still transitioning...
Christmas was wonderful! My family came together and celebrated on Christmas Eve, and the Schultzes gathered on Christmas day. We all got a lot of great gifts, especially Kennedy. She really made out. We're so appreciative, but might be putting a cap on the presents for next year. I don't want her to forget the REAL meaning of Christmas. And although she opened all of her gifts, I'm actually giving her one gift per day. I think she'll appreciate them more that way. Two days ago, I opened her new baby doll and accessories (pack and play, swing and stroller). She loves all of it! Every time she finishes feeding her, she wants to put her bottle in the fridge. Too cute. She's very nurturing and I enjoy seeing that side of her :) ...by the way, she named her baby 'Baby Sister'. haha I love it!
Kennedy transitioned to a big girl bed (aka her crib minus the front portion) so well. Now she sleeps in a "day bed-esk" sort of deal. She doesn't get up EVER, and sleeps just the same. She won't even get up in the morning and come and get us. It's been five nights and five naps and she's going strong!
I took off a few days (combined with the holidays and weekends) and it's made for a nice 11 days off! Now, I'm just spending some quality time with Jon and Kennedy :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad to read that you like your new place. Can't wait to see it! Congrats on the transition to the "big" bed. Hunter stayed in his crib for that long too. I hope T & B make it that long.
ReplyDelete