Monday, December 21, 2009

Baby Brother?!

We were hanging out in Kennedy's room tonight, spending some family time together, when Jon asked her about mommy having a baby. She responded with, "I want a baby brother!". I asked her what she wanted to name him and she said, "Gala.". lol What's a Gala?? She makes me laugh.

I am not pregnant (for the record), but often wish I was. Now that Kennedy is 2 1/2 I know I'm ready for #2. It took forever for me to come to that realization, but when I finally did I was pretty excited. Now getting Jon on board... that's a another story. He isn't looking forward to the sleepless nights, endless diaper changes and non-stop crying. Well honestly, either am I! That part isn't fun. But obviously it's only for a season. He knows that too, but still insists he isn't ready. It's ok... I know that I will get pregnant when God allows it. I just wish I knew when that was. :)

On a side note... I took Kennedy to Grandma Val's today to bake cookies. We had a blast! She was such a good helper!! I know that Grandma was impressed... although I'm sure she never doubted Kennedy's abilities. She was so gentle, placing everything in the bowl so perfectly. And she took directions very well! I was even a little impressed. The cookies turned out beautiful and tasted even better. I even got some pretty cute pictures too. I know that whenever we do have another baby, she will undoubtedly be an AMAZING big sister!!! I love my family.

1 comment: