Friday, September 16, 2011

The Girls


I am TERRIBLE at keeping up with this blog! I suppose having a newborn attributes to that.

Presley is a little over one month old and boy, time is flying by! On one hand, it feels like she's been here for MONTHS, but on the other, it's moving along quickly. She still seems to be a gassy baby. Her tummy aches come and go, but usually hit in the late evening about every other day. It's so hard to see her in pain and know that I've tried everything to make her feel better - and nothing seems to work. I noticed early on that my boobs seems to comfort her though. Obviously they are used to nourish my child, but it's cool to see how comforting they are when she's in pain. The only downfall? My nipples feel like they are going to fall off by the end of the night. I wish I could get her to take a pacifier! It can be frustrating... I can be completely exhausted... but I quickly realize that 'this too shall pass'. I'm never frustrated with her, only the situation and the fact that I can't make it go away. Poor girl. But all-in-all, she is a SUPER EASY baby. Since day eight, she has only woken up once at night to feed. YAY FOR ME! She is such a little cuddle bug too. (My favorite.) I will admit that this stage is certainly my least favorite, but I'm still enjoying every minute of it. I cannot WAIT until she smiles on command. I was talking to her yesterday and I thought I got a half smile out of her. I was elated! I'm loving that she's focusing so much on things too, especially faces. She's such a little peanut!

Kennedy is an amazing big sister, by the way. She hugs and kisses her all the time and when she is around her friends, she 'shows' her off. It's very endearing. Often times, I find her down on Presley's activity mat with her, talking to her or reading to her. It melts my heart. Not only is she my little helper, but she really is a proud big sister. The other day I thought to myself, I LOVE saying 'the girls' whenever I reference our children. I'm still in awe that we have TWO kids! I'm so thankful for these two little blessings. I can't imagine life without them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment