Yesterday was a beautiful day for a wedding. The weather was just perfect outside and we were all excited to get the day started.
Hair was done by the lovely Stacy Schnurer at her salon 'The Chop Shop'. She made us all look stunning! Then we headed to the church to do makeup and get dressed. 3pm came fast and we were anxiously anticipating the walk down the aisle. I have to say, it didn't hit me that she was REALLY getting married until right before the music started and the doors opened. Brittany went first, then Giulia, and then Kennedy and I. She wanted to walk beside me while I held her basket and she threw the pedals. We got ten feet down the aisle and she looked up for the first time and almost dropped to her knees. SHE'S SO SHY. I told her she was doing a great job and not to look up... to just keep throwing pedals baby! She finished off the aisle and did an amazing job at that! I went up to my spot next to the girls and watched for Sarah. I didn't think I was going to cry... until the doors opened again and she came out. I couldn't hold it back. She was so beautiful... my little sister... a BRIDE. I was a proud big sister :)
The vows, exchanging of the rings, the sand, and a song... When I Said I Do... by Jeremy and I. It went well, I gave him a modest high five and walked back to my spot next to the bride. We prayed and they were announced husband and wife. WOOOOO HOOOOO!! They were married... it was official!! After ALL of the crazy wedding planning, they were finally married. Pictures at the church with family, pictures at the park and onto Potowatomi.
The reception was beautiful! She had it on the 2nd floor in the Tribal Room. And what a gorgeous room it was. Very cool and cozy. We prayed before dinner, his dad (the best man) said his speech and then it was my turn. I had nothing planned (so unlike me) but decided that I like it better on the receiving end when I hear a best man or maid of honor just speak from the heart. It was short, sweet and to the point... highlighting that we had a love/hate relationship growing up, got very close the last seven years and how hard it was for me to let go of my baby sister. I told her to call me anytime day or night in Japan... that I'm always there for her no matter what. She cried, I choked up and we hugged and kissed. Then we raised our glasses in a toast to the bride and groom!
Dinner was good and the cupcakes/canolis were even better! Then their first dance as husband and wife, father/daughter dance and some moving and shaking on the floor. By 9 o'clock, this mommy of one and 36 weeks pregnant with the second, was POOPED! I sent her friends with the supplies I had to decorate their hotel room at Hotel Metro and left with Jon and Kennedy.
In the end, with all the crazy planning, details lacking, drama-filled, laid-back (missing the bride gene) sister... the day turned out just perfect. Sarah and Brandon were married and starting their lives together as one. I couldn't be happier for them ....now onto babies... in THREE YEARS PLEASE - after Japan!
I love you both and congratulations again!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment