Sunday, July 31, 2011

38 Weeks!

Yesterday marked my 38th week in this pregnancy. It's been a wonderful pregnancy too! Despite the nausea early on until about the 18th week, there have been no backaches, swelling, blood pressure issues, or numbing. Quite the opposite of my pregnancy with Kennedy, actually. But I also gained 39lbs with her, on TOP of being overweight. I've only gained 15 lbs so far with this little girl and I'm very proud of myself for that. I weigh in on Monday... we'll see if I gained anymore the last week! (It hasn't been my proudest week of eating, let me tell you.)

I started feeling anxious about getting her out about five days ago. Not because I'm uncomfortable, I'm just excited to meet her! And a small part of me would love not having this big belly anymore too... oh and the constant peeing... that would be nice to get rid of as well. ;) I'm also anxious to see what her birth story is going to be like! Will my water break first or will contractions start right away? Morning or night? Short or long labor? We have everything ready for her arrival, now it's just a matter of waiting on the Lord. He knows when she'll be here and how she'll manage her way out of the womb. It's exciting to think about!! But also a tad scary. We're starting over, after four AMAZING years with Kennedy. I hope I remember what to do and how to care for a newborn!

Until then, I will enjoy my nights of uninterrupted sleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment