Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Great Vacation


We were shopping at Walmart here. They had fun hanging out in the cart together!

Another one taken with my phone... I hate that it's a bit blurry, but Kennedy and Grace were so cute hanging out in bed coloring together!

One of my MANY finished pages. This was a favorite of mine. Thanks Sheena, the flowers are adorable!!

Kennedy and I drove down to Missouri last week to visit the Searcys. I really did have a good time, but for some reason, had a hard time just relaxing. Don't get me wrong, I did a lot of sitting, but often times, wasn't 'relaxed'. I was homesick... all I wanted to do was clean and be back in my everyday routine. I fought Sheena to let me do the dishes a few times so I could feel at home again! I hereby deem myself the WORST vacationer EVER.

Other than that though, we had a blast! Kennedy, Ethan, Grace and Taylor played extremely well together. They had their share of fights, tattle tailing and fits, but that's all expected. We visited them last summer and I really felt like the kids picked up where they left off. It was so cute seeing them play together.

I, on the other hand, came for one reason and one reason only. Ok, two reasons. I wanted to spend time with the Searcys and I wanted to scrapbook all week long. I did both and we had a lot of fun together. It was Sheena's personal goal to get me completely caught up with Kennedy's albums so I could just focus on Presley when she is born. I didn't COMPLETELY catch up, but I got sooooo much done. And I owe it all to her. She motivated me the entire week by setting daily goals for me. I never met them, but I came close! I told her I really was thankful for her nagging, even if I didn't seem like it in the moment. :)

I very thankful for the friendship I have with Zack and Sheena... and glad they live within driving distance now! Eight hours wasn't as bad of a drive as I anticipated. Can't wait to see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment