Saturday, January 29, 2011

12 weeks!!

Baby is a whopping 2.13in in length and weighs in at .49 ounces! The liver has developed and is now being put to use. Ears and eyes have moved to their correct positions and the pancreas has begun producing insulin! (I'm still in awe of all that happens so early on!) God is GOOD!!

Well, I wrote my title with TWO exclamation points because I'm 12 weeks and I'm hoping that this pesky 'morning sickness' will soon fade! I've gained a couple of pounds so far, but will soon be dropping them. I'm back on Weight Watchers and have already lost 2lbs this week so far! My tummy is starting to round, but still looks flabby. I got my first, "Oh, you're finally starting to LOOK pregnant!" comment this week. Not sure if it's too soon or not, but again, I'm am no twig and this is our second child. ;) My goal isn't to get 'skinny', my goal is to stay healthy and gain minimal weight (8-10lbs). Now I just need to get my butt back in the gym 3-4 days a week. Even if it's just walking fast. It's good stuff for baby!

I'm not as concerned with what's going to happen after baby is born. I have a renewed peace and I know I'll make it through! I have a HUGE support system who will help my through the tough 'newborn' times. All is well! :)

3 comments: