I'm 10 weeks today -- quarter of the way done!! Woo hoo! I hate that I'm gaining weight. But as soon as my 'morning sickness' ends and I feel like I don't have to eat every hour, I will be able to get back on track. I miss going to the Y 4-5 times a week. Right now, I'm lucky if I make it there once a week.
I'm anxious. In 30 weeks, we're going to have another person in our house to care for. That freaks me out! Right now life is so easy. Kennedy is independent and does so much on her own. In 30 weeks, I'm going to have to start over... but this time, I'll have another child to care for. Instead of putting all my focus on baby, I'm going to have to split my time. I don't even know how I'm going to love this baby as much as I love Kennedy. When he/she is born, I will already have had FOUR years and THREE months with Kennedy. I've enjoyed my time with her so much!!
The first month after baby is born is going to be challenging. My boobs are going to ache, I'll be sleep-deprived and changing diapers again - yuck - and the only advice I get from people is, "You'll figure it out." And as far as loving another child, "You just will." It's hard for me to picture right now, but I'm sure I will fall into the new routine and do just fine. This time around, I need to rely on my family and friends more. I didn't want to inconvenience anyone after Kennedy's birth, but I know it's going to be a bit more challenging for me this time. I'm going to need help with chores and meals are going to be very much appreciated! I had a hard time breastfeeding with Kennedy and I know I didn't take advantage of the people who could help me most. So this time, I'm going to wise up, and accept the help I'll need immediately! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Since Kennedy is older, she's going to be so much easier than having a toddler and a newborn. She might even be a big helper! I guarantee you will love the next one just as much as Kennedy, but it is hard to fathom before the baby comes. It's pretty amazing how love multiplies! As for real advice, keep in mind what is truly important. Try to worry less about keeping your house in a state of perfection and more time bonding with your baby (and Jon & Kennedy) and resting. If the housework is driving you crazy, let us know so we can help with that while you tend to the most important things.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Mo!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sarahbeth! Great advice, I love you!!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks, Maria!! :)
Don't forget Dr. Jennifer Thomas off Ryan Rd. She can be a wonderful resource for you with breastfeeding and will NOT guide you to formula and bottles unless it's absolutely necessary but also will not chastise you if that's the route you decide is best for you and baby. :)
ReplyDeleteYou'll be just fine when it comes to loving the new baby. Look at it this way, how can you not love YOUR's and JON's child and Kennedy's baby brother/sister? :)