I woke up on December 13th and realized, "I'm a week late. I better take a test just to put my mind at ease." I did some dishes for the two minute waiting time and walked back into the bathroom to check the test. Every time I take one, I keep it turned over until I'm ready to look. I flipped it very nonchalantly and to my surprise, it was a PLUS SIGN! I immediately started crying and thanking God!! I couldn't believe it! I have taken more tests than I can count. Whenever I'm even a few days late, I've thought I could be pregnant and would pee on a stick. Always negative. So this was a HUGE surprise! This all happened before 6am, so I waited for Jon to wake up to tell him. He was shocked too, but excited! We've been trying for the last year, even more so the last six months. I started to think maybe we were only to have one child, or maybe the Lord was leading us to adopt. I never gave up hope though. Praise God for His faithfulness!!! :)
As soon as I found out, I decided I wanted to surprise my family for Christmas. It was so hard to wait the 11/12 days but I knew I could do it. They were shocked, especially my mom and sister, Sarah. Just the night before, they were saying how maybe something is wrong with us and we should go to the doctor to check it out. I had to play it off ... "Yeah, maybe we should go." lol - SUCKERS! ;) It was so fun leading them on to believe I wasn't pregnant. Deceitful, I know, but I didn't want to give up the surprise early!! My mom's reaction on Christmas Eve was PRICELESS. She was beyond excited! I wrapped the pregnancy test and made her open it. The best part? ...she thought it was a THERMOMETER at first!!! ha! My mom text me that night and told me I gave her the best Christmas present ever :) I love her. Then Christmas day, we told Jon's family with Val opening the test. They were also very happy for us! I got everyone's reactions on video, including Kennedy's, and will be posting them very soon.
We had the most magical Christmas! We are so very blessed with the best family anyone could ask for. We hosted for my side on Christmas Eve and had a amazing time. My mom, dad, sisters, Aunt Mary, Uncle Danny and Ashley were all in attendance. We busted out our new table with the butterfly leaf and enjoyed great conversation and much laughter. I love them all so much. Christmas Day was at Chris and Rebecca's house. Another great time of good food and fellowship. I love them all :)
There's just one thing missing this Christmas... Grandma :( It was tough, her not being here, but I just kept focusing on all that we've been blessed with and the fact that I know I'll see her again. She would be so excited to know we're expecting... I wish I could share that with her. I love you, Grandma!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't be happier for you guys!!! Congratulations!! :)
ReplyDeletethat is so sweet and how you could keep it secret is amazing to me. I haven't been able to keep my pregnancies secret for like a day!! hahaha
ReplyDelete