Friday, December 3, 2010

Long Time, No Write

WOW. I am getting so bad at keeping up with this thing!!! I'll try to keep the updates short and sweet.

Halloween: OH BOY. This is the first year we took Kennedy trick-or-treating and it will be our last. We didn't feel the conviction of dressing her up (she was a GORGEOUS Belle and Max was her handsome prince!!) - but as soon as we started trick-or-treating, something inside of me didn't sit right. I hated that she had to ask for candy by saying 'trick-or-treat' and I had to shield her from the scary costumes. We went up two whole blocks and I brought her home. She told me two days later, "Mommy, I didn't like trick-or-treating because of the scary guys." WELL, that was conviction enough for me. No more trick-or-treating for us. As of now, I feel no conviction about her dressing up and attending a safe harvest party, but definitely NO trick-or-treating in the future.

A few weekends ago I went down to visit my friend, Marie. We had an AWESOME time together... shopping, eating, chatting -- AND REPEAT... :) I love her and I'm so thankful for sisters in Christ!!!!

Thanksgiving: We hosted for my mom, sisters, and Aunt Susie. It was our first time hosting and I'd say we knocked it out of the park! Great food and awesome company. :) The day after, Melissa and James hosted for his and her side - plus my Dad - which was also a great time! I loved that we got to be with everyone this year!!

I took pictures for a few more families and it was enjoyable (of course!). I HAVE to get my butt back to school soon. I would love to own/co-own a studio someday...

I have not baked in a long time, unfortunately. My grandma's blog ended before I finished my 30 recipes and I'm so disappointed in myself :( I feel like I let her down... I suck.

Well, Jon and I are really enjoying life together with our beautiful Kennedy - who is growing up way too fast. She's still enjoying school and loves reading/doing arts and crafts with me! We have a blast together :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself! I'm sure your grandma is still proud of you :-) When are you guys adding another little one to the bunch!?

    ReplyDelete