It's been 3.5 months since my last post. I'm so irritated with myself for not keeping up with this blog like I should. So much has happened and I don't want to forget anything... especially Presley's milestones!
Presley is now 9.5 months old. At 6 months she was crawling. Two weeks later, she started pulling herself up... and by 7 months, she was walking along furniture. She is one active baby!! Unfortunately, from 6-8 months, her active lifestyle was waking her up at night. I will admit I was one frustrated mommy after about a month of sleepless nights. I didn't know what the deal was. But then I realized she was waking up because she knew I'd go in and grab her immediately. Her crib is in Kennedy's room and I was afraid Presley would wake Kennedy! So we decided to put up the pack-n-play in the office for the night. She woke up twice the next night, but fell asleep immediately. The next night... once. From then on, she slept through the night! It's been 1.5 months of sleeping through the night and now I'm afraid to move her back to the crib! Someday we'll put the crib in the office temporarily and she'll just sleep there until her and Kennedy are on the same schedule. Until then, the pack-n-play is working perfectly!
Presley says mama, dada, hi, num num, and Bear Bear (pronounced baba). She waves, claps, shakes her head when we say no, and every time I say "Are you hungry?" or "Do you want num nums?" she smacks her lips together and sticks her tongue in and out saying, "NUM NUM!". It's the most adorable thing. She knows when it's bed time and loves cuddling with her blanket. She is the happiest baby. All she does is smile... and when I have a camera in my hand, she looks up with the biggest grin on her face every single time. She's my easiest subject to photograph! Presley got her first tooth at 8 months, and one more shortly after that, but none since. At her 9 month check, she was 15 lbs and 27in long. She didn't gain a single ounce in two months and it had me worried. We started her on solids at 6 months, but her doctor told me to feed her even more. She is such a peanut! I'm trying to bulk her up now. In the meantime, I enjoy wearing her at this weight. She's super light!!
We're so thankful for this little blessing in our lives! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment